Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stake Conference in Hannover

I had stake Conference today in Hannover which is a long drive. But, it was great to see all of the German church members gather together. For them I think it is really a big deal to see so many people gather together from the same Faith because they are so spread out. So, we were there forever afterwards because of all the visiting.
I enjoyed the talks. I am understanding more everyday and I especially loved the mission presidents wife's talk in German because she doesn't know much either and she has a very thick accent but she was the only one I could follow completely.
Then, oh my goodness there were so many americans! I was in heaven for an hour afterwards. There is a sister here on mission who I just met last Sunday. She is from Utah and I just walked right up to her today and we gave eachother a hug like we were old friends. I didn't realize how happy I would be to see another american. We both laughed because we thought that was weird right after we hugged eachother. Anyway, then she introduced me to the rest of the majority of american missionaries and then two girls who moved here with family. They were also from Utah and they will only be here to the end of Dec. Bummer.
Then it was back home talking German with my family and getting laughed at because I say things so weird and wrong!
also, gute nacht und bis gleich

No comments: